Getting Bitbucket repo contents from triggers

Irfan January 23, 2018

Hello,

We are using Bamboo v6.3 and I wanted to get some help from experts regarding:

Q: Is there a way to checkout the only files from Bitbucket that were committed, pushed and caught by plan triggers?

What I am attempting to do is:

1- only checkout the files (from multiple subfolders) which triggered the plan's triggers (Repo polling, etc.) using "Source Code Checkout task" or something similar from plan

2- Generate Artifcats that only hold checked out files, etc. (e.g. in my case single file) and access it in the master build plan.

I am comfortable with the task-2 but not sure how to proceed or whether Bamboo can support something what is required at (1). I am assuming that since a change in repo (e.g. Bitbucket, etc.) can triggers a Bamboo plan, Bamboo must be knowing what has changed in that repo attached / linked to the plan Or is it too much to assume :(

Thanks,

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2018

Hello Irfan,

You cannot checkout only the modified files using the Source Code Checkout task, you will need a script task for this. The challenge is more related to git than Bamboo itself.

I was able to get it working with the following approach:

1.  Create a plan with the repository you want to checkout and make sure the trigger is correctly configured
  2.  Remove the source code checkout task
  3.  Add a bash script task with the following content:
# Clean working directory
rm -rf *
# Clone your repository without a checkout
git clone --no-checkout http://admin:password@localhost:7990/bitbucket/scm/proj/repository.git
# Navigate to your repository folder
cd repository
# Get the the list of modified files
FILES=`git diff-tree -r --no-commit-id --name-only --diff-filter=ACMRT $bamboo_repository_revision_number`
# Checkout the modified files only
git checkout $bamboo_repository_revision_number -- $FILES 

References:

I hope it helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events