Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating different artifact for different environment

Aakash Basnet April 7, 2015

I have a single build Plan and a maven task defined as its job,the artifact is defined and shared which can be deployed to one environment.

But now I have three different deployment environment so for these 3 different deployment environment how do I generate 3 different artifact? Do I have to add 2 more task to the plan? If so will the task differ from each other or same configuration?

Please help me with some deep overview.

Thank you in advance.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aakash Basnet April 7, 2015

Thanks Rafael Sperafico

everything is clear but the only thing I am confused is reagard the usage of artifact in deployment environment.

Lets say I have defined an artifact with latest war and shared it for the deployment task and used this artifact for the Environment->A.

Now for environment->B,  Do I have to do another build and generate other artifact,define and shared again or shall I use the same artifact for other environment?

Another quick queries: single build plan and single linked repository is sufficient to accomplish this task right?

Your feedback will be highly appreciated..

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2015

Hello Aakash,

You can use the same artifact ("latest war") in both Environments (A and B). Unless you do any changes to the artifact generated, there is no need to generate a new one.

Yes, are able to accomplish the requested with a single build plan and single linked repository.

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2015

Hello Aakash,

Thank you for your question.

In Bamboo you have the following configuration:

Project / Plan
-- Default Stage
-- – Default Job
-- – – Task(s) 

Deployment / Environment
-- Task(s)

When you say:

I have three different deployment environment so for these 3 different deployment environment.

I am assuming you have:

Deployment / Environment A
-- Task(s)

Deployment / Environment B
-- Task(s)

Deployment / Environment C
-- Task(s)

If so, in the "Deployment / Environment A >> Tasks >> Artifact download" task you should be able to select the artifact generated in your "Project / Plan"

In the "Deployment / Environment B >> Tasks >> Artifact download" task you should be able to select the artifact generated in your "Project / Plan", which can be a different artifact from the above selected.

In the "Deployment / Environment C >> Tasks >> Artifact download" task you should be able to select the artifact generated in your "Project / Plan", which can be a different artifact from all above selected.

how do I generate 3 different artifact?

Please, refer to Configuring a job's build artifacts documentation for further information.

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events