General Question About OnDemand Capability

Luke Majewski July 21, 2012

I'm recently getting back into Bamboo and would like a clarification on capability. I do not think what I need is possible in OnDemand, however I think it's possible with Bamboo with some plugin(s).

I will be deploying a PHP app to EC2 and would like to know whether Bamboo can handle push-button (automated, scripted) deploys. My understanding after reading through the blogs, forums, and user manuals is that OnDemand would not be suitable for this application. However, using Bamboo with something like DeployIt would work.

Can someone confirm or correct the above assumptions?

2 answers

0 votes
Luke Majewski July 22, 2012

Hi Przemek,

Thanks for responding so quickly. I realize OnDemand cannot use third party plugins, hence my general question of whether Bamboo (OnDemand or otherwise) can deploy to EC2 without 3rd party plugins.

I guess it boils down to - it appears Bamboo would be able to deploy to EC2 (when I say deploy I mean a staging or production instance of the application) based on reading the blogs however I cannot find a clear answer in the documentation. Could you possible point me to the appropriate materials so I can begin trying to demo this internally?

Cheers,

Luke

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2012

It all depends how you perform your deployment. If you have it scripted or run a 3rd party app to do it, you don't need a plugin - you can execute scripts or 3rd party applications using standard Bamboo Tasks - OnDemand or not.

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2012

If you need a 3rd party Bamboo plugin for your deployment, you can't do it with OnDemand. Other than that (scripted deployments using custom/3rd party tools) there should be no difference between OD and Standalone during deplyments.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events