Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forcing child plan to get latest revision from svn

Shailesh Tiwari October 2, 2011

Hello,

Is there an option to force child plan to get the latest revision from svn? I am checking code in parent plan and want child plan to get the latest from svn.

Thanks

3 answers

0 votes
Shailesh Tiwari October 19, 2011

Options given below do not work. And I couldn't find any other way to make this work.

0 votes
Ken Wood
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2011

Based on my experience, having a build plan commit to the repository is almost always a reciipe for trouble, and something that I rarely, if ever, allow anyone to request in the build system I manage. If there is any way to avoid making commits during a build, I would urge you to do so.

Shailesh Tiwari October 3, 2011

I agree with you. This is a custom solution for one project and I am unable to find any other way at this time.

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2011

You need to trick Bamboo into thinking these plans use different repositories - for example, by using IP instead of the host name as repository address in the child plan. Or you could specify the port number explicitely in one of the plans:

plan1: svn.host.com/repo/path

plan2: svn.host.com:80/repo/path

I tried the options but it is not working. It is still checking out the old revision

<label id="fieldLabelArea_bambooVersion" for="bambooVersion">I am using following version:</label>
<label id="fieldLabelArea_bambooVersion" for="bambooVersion">Version </label>3.2
<label id="fieldLabelArea_bambooBuildNumber" for="bambooBuildNumber">Build Number </label>2600
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2011

Which Bamboo version is that?

No. I only see following line

Updated source code to revision: <same revision number as parent>

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
October 3, 2011

Do you get the line: "Detected that parent plan XXX using the same source. Updating to" in the build log?

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
October 3, 2011

Depending on your use case, maybe adding a script task set to "inline script" that does svn up would do the trick?

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
October 3, 2011

Just to make sure: what do you mean by child and parent plans? You have two jobs in separate plans linked together with plan dependencies?

That is correct. I have 2 seperate plans linked via dependency.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events