Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folders within build are not writeable

jonathonccns June 8, 2017

Hi,

Just started with Bamboo. We have it running on Windows 7, for a Yii2 (PHP) Application. Yii2 comes with Codeception, it's really nice and easy to use.

I have a script that runs as a task that just kicks off codeception:

${bamboo.php} ${bamboo.composer} exec codecept run unit models/HelperTest.php --verbose

This keeps failing the build and coming back with error code 1.

So I ran on the Windows 7 machine directly and it came back with:

[Codeception\Exception\ConfigurationException]
Path for output is not writable. Please, set appropriate access mode for output path.

When I check in the build, I see that all the folders have this property set.

bamboo.png

All the folders have this weird gray check mark, not a full black one. I've tried to manually remove read-only and it asks for administrato priveledges so I said yes. But nothing happens, the folder still has this mark. 

I'm not really sure what the problem is here and how to fix it?

1 answer

0 votes
Cristiano Mariano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2017

Hi Jonathon! How are you doing?

What is your version control system? I have seen this behavior using ClearCase, because it downloads files and marks them as read only. In order to write to files, I had to use operating system commands (e.g. attrib or chmod).

Hope this helps!

Cristiano

jonathonccns June 23, 2017

Thanks Cristiano

In my case I got bamboo to create a new folder as a task in the build. It then stored the output of my clover coverage and I updated my scripts to write to that new folder. Works now though!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events