Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firing a perl script to remote agent Linux

Mark Wolff December 11, 2013

Bamboo 4.3.2: I wrote a perl script for my builds. I use the "Script" task and execute the file to a Windows remote agent and it says "running command line: \nbuild_tools\process_requests.pl" and off it goes! VICTORY! I point the same plan to a Linux server and it says: "running command line:

/bin/sh
build_tools/process_requests.pl" and it runs my perl as a shell and crashes on a syntax error. I have the shebang (#!/usr/bin/perl) at the top of the perl script. I've tried to change my command to /usr/bin/perl build_tools/process_requests.pl, etc. Any hints?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Wolff December 11, 2013

I switched from a "file" to "inline" script and simply ran /usr/bin/perl build_tools/process_requests.pl

It isn't perfect, but it is functional.

0 votes
Gretchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2013

You might try using the "command" task. Define a capability (executable) for the linux box of "linux perl" configuring the location of the perl exe in the capability. Then pass the script path and name as an argument to the command. I've run other linux commands this way and gotten good results.

0 votes
Gretchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2013

Otherwise you'd have to put the script on the linux box and execute it over there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events