Firing a perl script to remote agent Linux

Bamboo 4.3.2: I wrote a perl script for my builds. I use the "Script" task and execute the file to a Windows remote agent and it says "running command line: \nbuild_tools\process_requests.pl" and off it goes! VICTORY! I point the same plan to a Linux server and it says: "running command line:

/bin/sh
build_tools/process_requests.pl" and it runs my perl as a shell and crashes on a syntax error. I have the shebang (#!/usr/bin/perl) at the top of the perl script. I've tried to change my command to /usr/bin/perl build_tools/process_requests.pl, etc. Any hints?

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I switched from a "file" to "inline" script and simply ran /usr/bin/perl build_tools/process_requests.pl

It isn't perfect, but it is functional.

Otherwise you'd have to put the script on the linux box and execute it over there.

You might try using the "command" task. Define a capability (executable) for the linux box of "linux perl" configuring the location of the perl exe in the capability. Then pass the script path and name as an argument to the command. I've run other linux commands this way and gotten good results.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Statuspage

What are your best incident management tips and stories? #HugOps

👋Community members! Downtime happens. And great incident response takes a village. Teams like Support, Dev, SRE, Ops, IT, and Marketing have to come together to resolve the problem while keep...

80 views 2 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you