Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Findbugs for Bamboo 5.4?

Cozmin Velciu March 16, 2014

Are there any future plans for releasing a new version of the 'FindBugs for Bamboo' plugin that will be compatible with Bamboo 5.4, and if so, (approximately) when will it be availible?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
dustin_barnes March 31, 2014

Unfortunately, Atlassian has decided that anything like findbugs or code coverage or PMD or whatever are relegated to third-party-plugin status. I think they should be core features, but whatever.

Anyway, Atlassian won't do anything about it. You have to bug the original developer to update it. Unfortunately somewhere around 5.0 or 5.1 the whole api changed, so most plugin developers won't upgrade the plugin until they upgrade bamboo.

I've been trying to fight it, but the fact is that Bamboo is not a good solution if you want to track quality metrics. It's good at paralellizing things and looking pretty for the managers, but doesn't have stuff devs care about.

1 vote
Markus Schulte September 29, 2016

There is now a commercial FindBugs-addon at the marketplace.

Disclaimer: I am the author.

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2014

What kind of compatibility issue are you experiencing with the current version of that plugin?

Cozmin Velciu March 17, 2014

I have tried installing both the 'FindBugs for Bamboo' plugin found on the marketplace (Available for Bamboo 5.0 - 5.0.1 - Unsupported), and the version from the Atlassian Bitbucket repo (https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/bamboo-findbugs-plugin/overview) - after fiddling a bit with the setup and skipping the failing tests. The instalation process completes successfully, but upon trying to access the FindBugs tab, i end up getting the attached stacktrace (on both versions).

(stacktrace.txt)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events