FindBugs for Bamboo, version 5.2?

Richrelevance IT operations November 4, 2013

I'm trying to add findbugs to our build process. Having the build fail is pretty easy, however, there needs to be some way of displaying why it failed.

I've search for Bamboo and Findbugs on Google, and found one Bamboo Plugin, which purports to support 5.0-5.0.1, but, apparently, not 5.2, since I can't find it through UPM. Is there any alternative?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2013

Hello,

I think you're right - FindBugs seems to be the correct plugin for what you need, but it's only compatible until Bamboo 5.0.1. That's why you cannot find it through UPM.

I believe you will need to wait for a new version of this plugin that is compatible with Bamboo 5.2.

0 votes
Jan Swaelens November 5, 2013

Hi, indeed it usually takes a while to get the version numbers updated in the plugin. You can just download the jar and upload it manually with the plugin manager. It works fine on the 5.2 release, we use it all the time!

Richrelevance IT operations November 11, 2013
When I try to upload it with the upm, it says it is a type 1 plugin, and that such plugins may not be dynamically installed.
Jan Swaelens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2013

Ah yes, I was confusing with another plugin which needed the same approach. The findbugs plugin is indeed type 1, which means that you need to download it and stick it in the WEB-INF/lib folder of the server -- this needs to be done this way even when the version would be supported.

I did notice this week that there is a bug in the configuration page on the build plan on the 5.2 -- certain configuration options are no longer saved when making changes. I guess they will need to make some changes before it will work the 100%.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events