FindBugs for Bamboo, version 5.2?

I'm trying to add findbugs to our build process. Having the build fail is pretty easy, however, there needs to be some way of displaying why it failed.

I've search for Bamboo and Findbugs on Google, and found one Bamboo Plugin, which purports to support 5.0-5.0.1, but, apparently, not 5.2, since I can't find it through UPM. Is there any alternative?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hello,

I think you're right - FindBugs seems to be the correct plugin for what you need, but it's only compatible until Bamboo 5.0.1. That's why you cannot find it through UPM.

I believe you will need to wait for a new version of this plugin that is compatible with Bamboo 5.2.

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi, indeed it usually takes a while to get the version numbers updated in the plugin. You can just download the jar and upload it manually with the plugin manager. It works fine on the 5.2 release, we use it all the time!

When I try to upload it with the upm, it says it is a type 1 plugin, and that such plugins may not be dynamically installed.

Ah yes, I was confusing with another plugin which needed the same approach. The findbugs plugin is indeed type 1, which means that you need to download it and stick it in the WEB-INF/lib folder of the server -- this needs to be done this way even when the version would be supported.

I did notice this week that there is a bug in the configuration page on the build plan on the 5.2 -- certain configuration options are no longer saved when making changes. I guess they will need to make some changes before it will work the 100%.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 4 hours ago in Marketplace Apps

The 7 hacks of highly successful automation

...there's anything I've learnt from working, it's that people are lazy! No offense to anyone reading this, but it's true and we can all admit it. The easier you make something for someone, the more...

26 views 0 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you