Find who triggered manual build in bamboo?

Grzegorz Dlugoszewski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2013

Is there a way to check which user triggered manual stage in Bamboo? I can't find that info anywhere.

Many thanks!

Greg

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Adam Myatt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2013

Grzegorz,

In bamboo go to the build result and select the Job for the manual stage. THen on the MetaData tab you should see a field "ManualBuildTriggerReason.userName" with a value on the right of the username who actually ran the manual stage.

Adam

Grzegorz Dlugoszewski
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2013

Hmm, thanks for your answer but that's only partially true.

It is true when the whole plan was triggered manually (by clicking on "Run" button). However, my case is different:

In my plan there are two stages:

* first stage is triggered by SVN change. I don't run it manually.

* the second stage is a manual stage - it requires a user to click on "Run" button.

The problem is that when the first stage is triggered automatically by SVN commit and after that a user starts the second stage manually - I can't find out who started it. There's no "ManualBuildTriggerReason.userName" key in jobs' metadata.

Could it be a bug/missing feature?

Adam Myatt
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2013

What specific version of Bamboo are you using?

Grzegorz Dlugoszewski
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2013

Just upgraded to 4.4.3 (build 3505)

Adam Myatt
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2013

Seems to be driven by the Triggers (manual vs scheduled vs repo-generated). If I do a Manual build by clicking run build then the property I mentioned is in the metadata tab. If I have a scheduled build or one of the other trigger types it seems like it doesn't record the user who manually runs the Manual Stage that is paused. I would argue that is a bug (the ManualBuildTriggerReason.userName or at least some other piece of similar metadata) should be captured when a user manually continues a paused Stage.

Adam Myatt
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2013

I've logged an improvement request with Atlassian for this issue if you would like to vote on it and watch it : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-12858

Grzegorz Dlugoszewski
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2013

Thank you for your help Adam!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events