Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature branch builds should only execute unit test stage automatically

Joachim Seibert September 18, 2014

In my bamboo instance I have configured a build plan that builds the master branch and all Feature-Branches ("feature*") automatically.

To reduce load on the build machines I want to configure the plan, so that within a feature branch build only the first (unit test) stage of the build will be executed automatically. The second (integration test) stage should have to be executed manually by the developer if needed.

How can I do that within one build plan? Or is the only solution to create another build plan?

(Bamboo v5.6.2)

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2014

Yes, you will have to create another build plan I guess. And since it is about integration tests, maybe you don't need one for each feature branch but have one only for the master?

i.e. the plan branches will only execute unit tests. Master branch will also execute only the unit tests. Then you have an integration build plan, which is also pointed to master, that will execute integration tests. Will that work?

Joachim Seibert September 18, 2014

OK, it seems as if another build plan is needed. I think I will copy the existing "master" build plan for the feature-branch builds and reconfigure this copy so that the second stage needs manual interaction. Another nice feature would be, if the second stage could be triggered by the content of the commit comment ("my commit test (IT)"). So the developer doesn't need to go to the bamboo gui to start the stage...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events