cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faster way to replicate a clone from the archive

Mark de Bont
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2016

Is there a faster way to get a bare GIT repository onto your Bamboo agents?

Our archive 5+GB and takes more then half an hour to clone over to the agent. I've enabled repository caching and am using shallow clones on the agent but occasionally it starts (re)cloning the complete archive question.

This takes more then half an hour and then the jobs times out.

I was thinking of creating a temporary copy on a file share to have some sort of baseline to start from.

1 answer

1 vote
Marcin Oles
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2016

Hi Mark,

which VCS are you using? If it is Git, is option "Use shallow clones" enabled for the repository? It causes Bamboo and agents to only checkout most-recent commits, skipping as much history as possible. The option is available for multiple Git-related repository types in Bamboo, including Git, Bitbucket Server and Bitbucket Cloud. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Git for more details.

Regards,
Marcin

Mark de Bont
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2016

Hi Marcin,

Yes it's a GIT archive and I am already using shallow clones.

Even though I've marked this, it appears it is still downloading the complete archive ;-s

Cheers Mark,

P.s. I've edited my question to clarify it's a GIT archive and using shallow clones.

Mark de Bont
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2016

When I do a shallow clone with depth 1 on my workstation the .git repository only is 237MB.... and not 5BB

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events