Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra artifacts

Ben Tyger December 27, 2016

I'm building some unsigned RPM files in my first Stage- Job-Task and that completes and the artifacts are properly defined and collected by the task. Then my plan goes on to the next stage were the RPMs from the previous stage are signed. I have my unsigned RPMs defined as dependent artifacts that are link to the signing job. The thing is, when my signing job completes, it has signed all of the RPMs from this and every previous successful RPM build (that first stage) and not just the RPMs that were created from the previous stage. Any reason why this is happening?

Bamboo version: 5.9.4 

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ben Tyger December 28, 2016

I think found my issue. It seems that having linked artifact dependencies was dumping all(current and previous builds) of the artifacts into the ${bamboo.build.working.directory} directory at the start of the job. If delete everything and then explicitly define an artifact download task, I get just the artifacts that are associated to the current build. 

0 votes
Divin Honnappa December 27, 2016

I think @Alexey Chystoprudov may be right but I would suggest doing a force clean build in checkout repository task instead of script

Also can you share some more info on signing stage as to how you are doing it? If you're doing it in right directory and if you are using any wildcard characters.

0 votes
Ben Tyger December 27, 2016

@Alexey Chystoprudov Already added that. Didn't help. I'm flabbergasted on where these files are coming form. 

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2016

Can you add a Script task with ls command before running your scripts. Just to confirm folder is empty.

Then look at artifact definition maybe it's too wide and looks at bamboo home folders (might be the case if you use local agent for all your jobs)

0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2016

It looks like you need to cleanup working dir of your build before start. Add simple script to cleanup work folder before start of first job

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events