External application access to the Artifact path to pick up the latest build

Robert Pollard November 9, 2017

I need to know where the Artifact path is so I can tell an outside application where to go to the get the tarball that is created for every build.

Also, I have been looking for where this variable "bamboo_working_directory" is in setup.  I have seen where to set up variables but cannot locate where this variable is.  I know it is defined somewhere and works.

I would assume there would be a path for the artifact directory to where the latest build is but cannot find it.  I need UrbanCode to reach in to the path where the latest tarball has been built and send it to another server.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
robhit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2017

Look for file "<bamboo-home-directory>/bamboo.cfg.xml" it contains the properties such as:

<property name="bamboo.artifacts.directory">${bambooHome}/artifacts</property>

<property name="buildWorkingDir">${bambooHome}/xml-data/build-dir</property>

Refer this Link for more info on storage tags and location.

Robert Pollard November 13, 2017

I was under the impression there was a file involved.  I am surprised that you do not have an interface for setting the file content as opposed to having to manually modify a file.

At lease I know where it is.  Since I don't have access to the file system, I will have to defer this to someone else to work with.

Thanks for taking the time!

robhit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2017

sorry I forgot to mention one important file "<Bamboo-Install-Directory>/atlassian-bamboo-6.2.2/atlassian-bamboo/WEB-INF/classes/bamboo-init.properties"

this file contains the property "bamboo.home" which we can set for the home directory of Bamboo

but rest of the directories (build directory, etc) are followed by this path means relative to this bamboo home path.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events