External application access to the Artifact path to pick up the latest build

I need to know where the Artifact path is so I can tell an outside application where to go to the get the tarball that is created for every build.

Also, I have been looking for where this variable "bamboo_working_directory" is in setup.  I have seen where to set up variables but cannot locate where this variable is.  I know it is defined somewhere and works.

I would assume there would be a path for the artifact directory to where the latest build is but cannot find it.  I need UrbanCode to reach in to the path where the latest tarball has been built and send it to another server.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 vote

Look for file "<bamboo-home-directory>/bamboo.cfg.xml" it contains the properties such as:

<property name="bamboo.artifacts.directory">${bambooHome}/artifacts</property>

<property name="buildWorkingDir">${bambooHome}/xml-data/build-dir</property>

Refer this Link for more info on storage tags and location.

I was under the impression there was a file involved.  I am surprised that you do not have an interface for setting the file content as opposed to having to manually modify a file.

At lease I know where it is.  Since I don't have access to the file system, I will have to defer this to someone else to work with.

Thanks for taking the time!

sorry I forgot to mention one important file "<Bamboo-Install-Directory>/atlassian-bamboo-6.2.2/atlassian-bamboo/WEB-INF/classes/bamboo-init.properties"

this file contains the property "bamboo.home" which we can set for the home directory of Bamboo

but rest of the directories (build directory, etc) are followed by this path means relative to this bamboo home path.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,786 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you