Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Command is not understood

Deleted user October 26, 2012

Hi I am new to Bamboo and trying to evaluate the tool for the company.

I have a batch file executing a powershell. Inside the powershell script, I am calling out an external command (CCM.exe) which is a command line executable for IBM Synergy.

Bamboo doesn't understand ccm.exe and errors out.

When I run the batch file by itself, it works fine and it seems to me Bamboo is trying to run external executables inside the bamboo home directory.

I tried to add the global variable for the path and also tried with adding executables but all failed.

Similar issue that I have to fully specify the folder path to the powershell.exe otherwise, bamboo doesn't understand powershell.exe within the batch file.

how can I make bambo to run external exe without an issue

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
ArmenA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2013

Hi Bambi,

1. What type of Bamboo tasks are you using? Is it a Script task? Whatever command you try to run from a Script task, Bamboo will try to execute them from the current working direcotry (BambooHome/xml-data/build-dir/PROJ1-PLAN1-JOB1) of that plan. If you have set the correct Path environment variable for the user that runs your Bamboo instance, Bamboo will try to use that Path to find the executable(s).

2. Are you running your Bamboo as a Windows service? If yes, make sure to start it as a local admin account.

3. Try to print the Path variable from a Bamboo Script task (echo ${system.Path}) and see what Bamboo uses. You can also navigate to the Administration -> System Information page to see the list of environment variables.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Cheers,
Armen

Deleted user March 4, 2013

Thank you Armen,

I will try it out. My team moved on to Jenkins but the company is evaluating the suite of Atlansian tools as the company wide tools (Jira, Cruicible, Confluence, etc), and Bamboo is on evaluation again. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events