Export a build result summary

Therese Liebermann December 16, 2014

I was wondering if there was a way to export a build summary report directly from Bamboo.  Specifically, when a build is done at the end of a sprint is there a way to get a report saying what went into that sprint?  Or would this be better generated from JIRA?

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2014

Therese

As usual the answer is "it depends on what are you looking for". Build summary will list only commits and JIRA issue keys that were included in this build. There's no information if any of those issues were actually completed. Build summary will also not let you aggregate changes between historical builds.

You might however wanna take a look at Deployments part of Bamboo. If you conclude your sprint with a new deployment then you can compare it to any previous deployment and see an aggregated list of commits/JIRA issue keys.

I think however that JIRA itself or with a help from Bamboo plugin for JIRA can provide more valuable information.

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 16, 2014

Hello Therese,

Thank you for your question.

... wondering if there was a way to export a build summary report directly from Bamboo....

Please, refer to Bamboo REST API and Bamboo REST Resources documentation for further information.

...at the end of a sprint is there a way to get a report saying what went into that sprint...

Please, refer to JIRA REST API documentation for further information.

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events