cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execute remote windows batch file from bamboo cloud

Kiran Kumar Bandari August 22, 2017

Hi,

Presently we have cloud version of Bamboo 

https://bamboo-qa.basf.net/allPlans.action.

I have a batch file run_script.bat in my local machine. Can you please let me know how to setup a Bamboo plan/job to call the windows batch file. Because the script needs Worksoft environment which is present on my laptop. I just need to run this batch file from Bamboo Cloud.

PLease give me in detail steps.

2 answers

1 vote
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2017

First of all I'd suggest to remove Bamboo Cloud reference from your question and label. Bamboo Cloud was dismissed year ago so you probably talk about Bamboo Server.

You have at least two options to execute some file from your laptop by Bamboo which is running at other server.

1. First option is described by @Jeyanthan I: setup SSH access to your laptop from other server and use SSH task which can be executed on Bamboo local agent

2. Setup remote agent on your laptop and use Script task to execute bat file from your laptop's disk. You need to configure you Bamboo job to be didicated to remote agent hosted on your laptop

0 votes
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2017

How about using an ssh task in Bamboo to login to your Windows machine and execute your batch script from cmd prompt?

Note that you will have to install SSH server on your machine, so that Bamboo can ssh into your machine. Latest version of Windows now comes with SSH server by default.

Hope that helps.

Kiran Kumar Bandari August 30, 2017

You mean that I have to intall SSH server on my local machine which is a windows 8.1 ( Not a server) and then generate the SSH keys. Also when I set up SSH task in Bamboo it is asking for username and password.  Can I give my userID and PWD or Do I need Admin user.  My local machine and Bamboo cloud are in the same LAN network. Please suggest.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events