Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EventPublisher, spring-scanner and remote bamboo agents

Deleted user January 21, 2018

I am attempting to integrate into an existing plugin in order to send e-mails based on some internal business logic using Atlassian's EventPublisher API which I am wiring from atlassian-spring-scanner v1 API.

Using the latest Atlassian sdk, I was successfully create a plugin in order to do so on a local build agent.  Unfortunately, when I attempted to do the same thing on a remote build agent, I was unable to do so.

INFO | jvm 2 | 2018/01/21 21:28:54 | 2018-01-21 21:28:54,256 ERROR [remoteEventRebroadcasterMessageListenerContainer-1] [OsgiPlugin] Plugin 'com.hidden.notifications' never resolved service '&eventPublisher' with filter '(&(objectClass=com.atlassian.event.api.EventPublisher)(objectClass=com.atlassian.event.api.EventPublisher))'

I'm pretty sure my issue is as described in the following post which states that this API (and ApplicationProperties which I also tested) are not available on the remote agent classpath.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/How-to-fix-my-addon-not-running-on-remote-agent-because-waiting/qaq-p/493627

Unfortunately, the work arounds mentioned will not work for me since I can't just pipe the data -- I need to use the capabilities of the EventPublisher API to send e-mails.  I also can't create a custom EventListener to run on a local agent as I am dependent on deployment events which I don't believe Bamboo supports.  Even if it does, I'd rather not go down this path as the business logic for sending e-mails would be dependent on several runtime variables.

Is there any other work around for what I would imagine could be a fairly common usecase in order to send e-mails using Atlassian's EventPublisher API from remote agents.  My last resort was to create my own service.  Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user January 21, 2018

UPDATE:  This turned out to be a firewall issue so my work around for using a separate e-mail service does work.  I'd still prefer to use Atlassian's EventPublisher API if at all possible from a remote agent.

I also ran into issue when attempted to create a separate e-mail service using the javax.mail.api.  This works fine locally but when running from the remote agent I see this.  I did verify that the bamboo server has connectivity to the SMTP server so perhaps the remote agent is blocking port 25.

simple 22-Jan-2018 00:17:33 Deployment notifications failed due to: com.hidden.cf.services.org.springframework.mail.MailSendException: Mail server connection failed; nested exception is com.sun.mail.util.MailConnectException: Couldn't connect to host, port: hidden.com, 25; timeout -1; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out (Connection timed out). Failed messages: com.sun.mail.util.MailConnectException: Couldn't connect to host, port: hidden.com, 25; timeout -1; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out (Connection timed out); message exceptions (1) are:Failed message 1: com.sun.mail.util.MailConnectException: Couldn't connect to host, port: hidden.com, 25; timeout -1; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out (Connection timed out)

My next step which I am very reluctant to do is to create a REST API which would run on the main bamboo service to accept e-mails sent via JSON from the remote agents.  Please tell me there is an easier way.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events