Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evaluation of Bamboo, embedded DB error

louwho August 30, 2016

On Windows, (hyper-v vm, Win 10 Pro), downloaded and installed Bamboo, took the recommended default embedded database.  Using  GIT for the source code repository, on the same VM\system.

Now, I am trying to create a Project\Plan.  I am using 'File:///..." as the URL.   The user name\password is only for https and SSH protocol, so, I am trying 'Use shared credentials'.  I have no shared credentials yet, so I tried to create one.  I get error message box  "the embedded DB health check has failed"  further info shows "You'r using Bamboo with an HSQL database for evaluation.  The DB type is not supported on production environments'."

I do not understand, how do I test\evaluate the product if I cannot use the embedded db?  Do I need to do away with the embedded db and install one of the supported db's (if so how to do this?), or,  will creating the project\plan work if I use the https or SSH, with the embedded db? (I am not familiar with these protocols, so that is why I did not use...can they be used to point to repository on same system?).

Also is the the correct URL for the git repository on my system.?...

file:///C:\Users\Tester\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\.git

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2016

Hello @Lou Elston,

Bamboo healtcheck notifies you about embedded database usage. It's just a warning and you can ignore it until you're evaluating Bamboo.

You don't need shared credentials for local Git repo, just leave username/password fields empty.

Regarding local Git repo, you need to use commands 

git init --bare yourproject.git

see http://www.gitguys.com/topics/creating-a-shared-repository-users-sharing-the-repository/ for more details

0 votes
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2016

One more question @Lou Elston: was it an error message (red) or warning message (yellow)?

louwho September 1, 2016

It was a yellow warning.  Now that I have GIT setup past that error.

Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
September 2, 2016

Yep this warning is there for you to keep in mind that when you decide to use Bamboo in production, it should not run on embedded DB. 

0 votes
Yogesh Mude[Jira]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2016

Hi @Lou Elston

you can find the related Atlassian article here please have look on it.

may be it helps you to resolve this.smile 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events