Estimated time for Bamboo build env is grossly incorrect

Amy Lu May 26, 2013

The estimated time for completing the bamboo build for our project environment is usually over 30 mins. But in practice it gets done in about 5-6 minutes.
Having it so grossly incorrect is a problem. Having better estimates will help plan one's work.

I want to know how does Bamboo get the estimated remaining time for a building process and what could we do to improve the accuracy of the estimated time. Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Brent Villalobos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2013

I don't know if this applies to you, but the average time for a plan takes into account queue wait time while the average time for a job within in a plan does not.

Amy Lu May 28, 2013

Thanks Brent.

0 votes
Sultan Maiyaki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2013

Hi Amy,

Could it be a case that you had a hung build before now? Thois is becaise the buidl duration is estimated based on heuritistics of previous builds

Amy Lu May 27, 2013

Hi Sultan,

I didn't see any hung build before.

For this project, there is totally 16 times build. The average duration for the first 6 builds is 70 minutes. The average duration for next 4 times is 17 min. And the average duration for recent 6 builds is only 5 minutes.

Could the estimated remaining time be according to how many changes are committed instead of just based on heuritisitcs of previous builds?

Amy Lu May 28, 2013

Thanks Sultan.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events