Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error starting a new instance on elastic bamboo

Saurabh Singh August 21, 2014

Failed to start elastic instances: Error when starting a new instance

I am getting the above error. While documentation for some of the other products (JIRA and Bitbucket) is great. I think Bamboo lacks a bit on that part. It might be my imcompetence as well to understnad the doc.

I want to setup elastic bamboo, any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

7 answers

0 votes
Shane Dosch July 30, 2015

Did anyone find an answer to this? I am getting this error and tried the steps above without success.

0 votes
Michael Van Diest June 30, 2015

This post at least shows a stripped down policy https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/148716/answers/17439894. Although at the moment I can't seem to start instances. Atlassian support fails here to as it just gives me a cryptic "Failed to start elastic instances: Error when starting a new instance" message

0 votes
Michael Van Diest June 30, 2015

It's crazy to add the Administrator Access policy. A least privilege policy should be used. Unfortunately Atlassian does not tell you what the minimum IAM actions required are.

0 votes
Silvio Rainoldi December 29, 2014

Thanks Artie, worked for me

0 votes
Artie Brosius August 27, 2014

I was able to solve my problem with help from Atlassian support. My IAM user did not have the proper permissions granted. Once I granted Administrator Access user policy to the IAM user being used by Bamboo, Bamboo was able to start the instance.

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2014

Which image are you using?

0 votes
Artie Brosius August 25, 2014

This is happening to me too. I went through the AWS EC2 setup and was able to start a new EC2 instance from the AWS console. But I can't get Bamboo to start a new instance for me. I too get the "Failed to start elastic instances: Error when starting a new instance" error.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events