Enabling Bamboo gatekeeper merge fails

Alok Singh July 11, 2017

I am trying to use the Gatekeeper feature in Bamboo but currently, it fails with some weird exception:

MeregeCommand Error:

com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.git.GitCommnadException: command /usr/bin/git remote set-url origin file:-----/_git-repositories-cache/-----failed with code 128. Working directory was []...stderr: fatal: Not a git repository(or anyof the parent directories): .git 

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2017

Hi Alok,

I would first run a git status on the repo to make sure you don't get the same error there.  If so verify the existence of a ./git folder in the repo's folder.

If that is good, the repo cache may be corrupted but we would need more of the log to determine what is going on.  If you can provide a a larger block before and after that error we'll be able to make a better determination as to what is going on.

Cheers,

Branden

Alok Singh July 13, 2017

Thanks, Brenden! I got to know that Bamboo uses repository caching where the code is first fetched from source control to a local cache(on the bamboo server). So auto merging fails even before it runs any task on an agent(like running git status).  

There is a high probability that the local cache is corrupted(speculating as I don't have admin access). But the interesting thing is all the branches works fine when "Auto merge " is disabled. 

Alok Singh July 13, 2017

I manually deleted the cache directory and it still gives the same error.

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2017

Hi Alok,

Thanks for the update.  Can you provide the code block before and after the error you see?  You should be able to attach a text output and if you need to you can remove some of the identifying data and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events