Elastic agent "Pending" indefinitely for .NET

Mitchell Bradd April 22, 2013

I'm a bit stuck with having the elastic agent not executing my build plans on the Ec2 instance that I have set up. At the moment Bamboo reports the elastic agent on the instance as pending and doesn't transition from this state.

I have created a custom AMI for Windows Server 2012, this custom instance had the Ec2Config modified the regenerate the password -- meaning that I can RDP onto the instance that Bamboo starts.

I have SSH, RDP and some other port open that I can't identify on the elasticbamboo security group (Port 26224, presumably a Bamboo thing).

The `Pending` state also means that my build-request remains in the queue waiting for an instance.

Any ideas or suggestions? Can also provide more information upon request.

More Info:

I have setup the elastic agent on the windows server; added required rule in the firewall, created a bamboo user and had it own the agent.bat task.

It runs OK on the server AFAIK (scheduler says 'Running'). One oddity is that I can't seem to locate the .out file that I expected to be created in %USERPROFILE% for the bamboo user. This makes me think I'm still doing something wrong.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2013
Mitchell Bradd April 23, 2013

Hey Przemek,

I hadn't followed that guide before, in fact it's the first time I've seen it so it was a huge help. I've followed the instructions and Bamboo is still not kicking off my build.

I've added some info to the original question.

Mitchell Bradd April 23, 2013

I've just realised I somehow ended up with an instance that doesn't have the ant/maven dependencies on the server. Are these required to have the elastic agent behave as expected?

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2013

You need to make sure the capabilities of that instance match requirements of your job. What does Administration/Agent Matrix show ?

Mitchell Bradd April 28, 2013

The matrix shows the instance is capable of building. I found the issue, my JAVA_HOME path was not set correctly (copy/paste error). Utlimately the agent never started as a result. The previous link was helpful to getting me there in the end.

Thanks, Przemek!

0 votes
Ofer Zelig April 23, 2015

It's a fault in Bamboo's default Windows AMI creation.

I've provided a solution here: http://fullstack.info/running-bamboo-ci-server-remote-agent-on-windows-server-cloud/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events