Elastic Bamboo builds on existing EC2 instances

Mark Lichtenberg March 12, 2012

Hi,

We currently do all our builds with Hudson on a permanent EC2 instance we own. Can Elastic Bamboo be configured to use this instance rather than creating a separate AMI just for elastic builds?

Thanks,

Mark Lichtenberg

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2012

Hi Mark,

You can configure Bamboo to use an elastic instance with your choice of AMI, however you will need to customise this instance to be able to work with Bamboo. Most people clone the default Bamboo AMI and make their changes on top of that.

The instructions you'll need to follow are on this page:

Mark Lichtenberg March 14, 2012

I followed those instructions but ran into a few problems:

1) in section 5.4, it says to append the contents of /opt/bamboo-elastic-agent/rc.local to my /etc/rc.d/rc.local file. The rc.local file mentioned does not exist in /opt/bamboo-elastic-agent or anywhere in the 1.7 agent zip file.

2) Assuming the agent start script is 'bamboo-elastic-agent', I ran this but it complained with "Unable to access jarfile /opt/bamboo-elastic-agent/bin/*installer*.jar." I assumed it wanted the atlassian-bamboo-installer-3.4.4.jar, so I downloaded this jar from your maven repo and put it in /opt/bamboo-elastic-agent/bin. Again tried the bamboo-elastic-agent script, and got

Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from

/opt/bamboo-elastic-agent/bin/atlassian-bamboo-installer-3.4.4.jar

I could be doing something incorrect here, but it appears the documentation could use some updating.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events