Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elastic Bamboo Windows image missing .NET 4.6, MSTest targets and nuget

Rob Lang March 21, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Managing your elastic images

I need to build my .NET 4.6 application with MSTests and perform a nuget restore (because MSBuild doesn't do it properly). The current Bamboo Windows image does not have any of these things.

Do I need to create my own AMI in AWS and then create a new configuration? I cannot find the Windows ami-bf02accc in the list of public images to copy as a starting point. Do I need to start a new image from scratch?

4 answers

0 votes
Rob Lang May 16, 2016

Hi Daniel, if you have a Jenkins server already then I agree you're best where you are. I too am surprised that Atlassian aren't more up to date (we have JIRA Cloud, Confluence and Github). I wonder if they are having the "deep breath" before .NET Core is finally released and will catch up then with dual build machines etc.

0 votes
Daniel Williams May 13, 2016

Thanks Rob.  We have our own Jenkins server which works ok now.  I was hoping that Bamboo would be easier to maintain, esp since we use JIRA and Bitbucket.  But if it requires manual setup as well as paying for the AWS machine, I see no point in moving off of Jenkins.  Too bad Atlassian is not responsive to this.

0 votes
Rob Lang May 13, 2016

Hi Daniel, I solved this by creating a new ami using the Elastic Bamboo image and updating .NET, adding nuget and build tools. You can then tell Bamboo to use your image. I understand from the utter silence from Atlassian that they do not keep up with .NET or support the images in any way.

0 votes
Daniel Williams May 12, 2016

Same question - can Atlassian keep up with .net releases?  This is very important to us.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events