• Community
  • Products
  • Bamboo
  • Questions
  • Elastic Bamboo Error : Unable to start broker. Please check you settings in the bamboo.cfg.xml in your Bamboo Home. Remote agents will not work correctly.

Elastic Bamboo Error : Unable to start broker. Please check you settings in the bamboo.cfg.xml in your Bamboo Home. Remote agents will not work correctly.

Thiago September 22, 2015

Hi there,

We are having a couple of development build plans stuck waiting to build, as the remote agents keep firing up bu never leaving 'pending' state.

Here are the messages I can see right now:

Elastic Bamboo Error : Failed on updating stock images ami-963b56fe,ami-963b56fe; expected 0 or 1 stock images for windows - x86_64 - EBS on region US_EAST_1.
Elastic Bamboo Error : Unable to start broker. Please check you settings in the bamboo.cfg.xml in your Bamboo Home. Remote agents will not work correctly. 
(java.io.IOException : Failed to bind to server socket: tcp://0.0.0.0:54663?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=300000 due to: java.net.BindException: Address already in use)

I don't have access currently to the AWS account itself. 

Could you please advise where the issue might be asap?

Thanks

T

1 answer

0 votes
Bruno Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 15, 2015

Thiago, I see that you have created a support request related to this problem. I'm going to share the resolution here so other users can see what's happened and what to do next.

We have seen similar cases where the Java version was holding the instances to come up. So if you're running Bamboo Cloud and experiencing a similar problem, please make sure that JAVA_HOME is set to JDK 8 for the agent to start, according to BAM-16291. Just for the record, builds can still run in JAVA 7, but JAVA_HOME needs to be set to JDK 8. A restart of the Bamboo Cloud instance might also be a good idea. If you want to give that a try, please create a support request under the Atlassian Cloud project.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events