Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elastic Bamboo AWS Security group rules

james.scanlon April 23, 2019

Greetings Atlassian Gurus!

I have a (hopefully simple) question re: the elasticbamboo AWS security group created by Elastic bamboo.

Elastic bamboo creates the security group by default with port TPC22 and TCP port 26224 from the internet. per this article

Is the SSH inbound required as part of the elastic bamboo service or can this be locked down to 'known ips'?

Is port 26224 required to be opened to the internet or can it be further locked down to 'known ips'?

Many thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2019

Hi @james.scanlon

I see you are new here.
Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Let me work on your questions:

Is the SSH inbound required as part of the elastic bamboo service or can this be locked down to 'known ips'?

It can be locked down to specific IPs. In fact, this port is not used by Bamboo, but available to allow you to SSH your instance if necessary. 

Is port 26224 required to be opened to the internet or can it be further locked down to 'known ips'?

This port is required to allow Bamboo communication with the elastic agent. You need to make sure that the IP (representing Bamboo to the internet) is allowed to connect with that port.

I hope I could answer your questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events