Elastic Agent goes offline during a build

James Gustard April 25, 2012

Hi,

I have set up an on demand build plan, with an elastic agent that starts up on demand when the bamboo build queue, using passive instance managment. I have run 3 builds and 2 of them have have failed with the error

[MY BUILD NAME]: Agent 'Elastic Agent on i-52e8c135' went offline while building JOB-12. The build results will not be saved.

I cant see any logs.

The agent should stay online until the build has finised and the idle time has passed, but it seem to just shut down randomly. How can I fix this?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2012

Random agent shutdowns plaguing OnDemand users should be gone after the update performed last week.

EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2013

We're seeing this on our internal bamboo instance with remote agents. Is there a corresponding issue/fix in bamboo 5.x ?

karthikys July 29, 2014

We are being hit by the same issue in Bamboo 5.4.1. Is there a fix ??

Jonas March 18, 2020

We are seeing this on bamboo (server) ver 6.9.2, did anyone find a workaround for bamboo (non cloud). 

1 vote
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2012

What do agent build logs say while you can access them, do you have any exceptions in them? You may be affected by this bug.

Matt Clarkson July 18, 2012

Przemek,

I am getting this as well. I just set up a Windows AMI for Bamboo AOD 4.1 and it randomly goes offline

Agent 'Elastic Agent on i-e8ace290' went offline while building TC-TESTS-WINDOWSSERVER2008R264BITCONFIGURATION-211. The build results did not finish.

How can I debug this and work out why my AMI is bombing out? Sometimes it works fine... :(

Here's the log file:

https://answers.atlassian.com/upfiles/TC-TESTS-WINDOWSSERVER2008R264BITCONFIGURATION-211_1.log

Matt Clarkson July 18, 2012

This looks like it's happening because the build is stalling. this could be because I was running it on a Small instance...Lets try Large

0 votes
Frank Burns September 20, 2019

I am having similar issues.   They emanate in two ways:

1) 

20-Sep-2019 19:22:20        Data Send took: 0.185
20-Sep-2019 19:23:51Agent 'Elastic Agent on i-0495c84735905d1b6' went offline while building MH3DBBT-WRL-LBM01-13. The results of that build will not be available.

2) Build triggered but not queued Reason for not building is unknown

This behavior is random.  Any help is appreciated

0 votes
karthikys July 29, 2014

We are being hit by the same issue in Bamboo 5.4.1. Is there a fix ??

0 votes
James Gustard July 23, 2012

I think the cause of this was very long builds, as our maven build was having to download the repository from scratch each time. I fixed this by adding EBS with a pre loaded maven repo, and setting up a Nexus repository running in the cloud , and pointing the settings.xml in the EBs to point at this repo, so that any extra artifacts needed can be downloaded quickly.

Our builds are running very fast and with no problems now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events