Download last successful build artifact of the same plan currently running

bh19954 October 10, 2019

Hey.

I have a plan that outputs a certain file, and I want it to also download the previous build artifact (of the same plan), compare it to the current one and create a diff as well. (there were previous build to that plan, so that there always will be an artifact existing to compare to).

Problem is, Bamboo keeps trying to locate an artifact produced by the current run, therefore failing because it does not exist at this point.

Any ideas besides using wget or something to download the artifact?

Thanks.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
bh19954 October 13, 2019

For future reference, there are two ways to tackle this.

Either using rest to locate and download the latest successful artifact, or using a a child plan to be triggered and keep the artifacts of the main plan, then download the artifacts from the child plan in the main plan tasks.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2019

I don't think there is a way to do this without being creating with a wget or similar download command.

The url to the artifact always contains the build ID. Example:

https://<your-bamboo>/browse/PRJ-BLD-144/artifact/shared/myarftifact/

You could get the previous ID by using ${bamboo.buildNumber} -1. Of course you should check if that build was succesful first.

bh19954 October 13, 2019

I was afraid this was the case.
Thanks for your help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events