Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does bamboo cache its global variables?

Jeff MacDonald August 25, 2014

Hi,

I'm using a global variable in a deployment project. Its a password that I recently had to change. The deployment tasks still uses the old one. I checked in the database table called variable_definition and have confirmed that the DB holds my new valid password.

I've started and stopped the bamboo process wondering if it was a cache somewhere...

Suggestions??

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2014

Does it happen for new builds or just old builds that you rerun?

Jeff MacDonald August 27, 2014

It happens when I try to run deploymet projects on old build results yes. If i create a new build results it will use the new variable-data. Didn't expect that behavior. All is well now.

Jeff MacDonald August 27, 2014

It happens when I try to run deploymet projects on old build results yes. If i create a new build results it will use the new variable-data. Didn't expect that behavior. All is well now.

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2014

Yeah, Bamboo snapshots the variable state so that you get consistent build reruns

Marcin Sidorczuk January 20, 2015

is there is a way to force using current global variables instead of variables from snapshot? We are using global variables for storing servers list for deployment, now if we deploy some older build it is deployed only to part of servers.

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
January 20, 2015

No, no way. But you can run a custom build against the same revision. It will get the current variables.

3 votes
Gabriel Ribeiro
Atlassian Team
November 6, 2019

A suggestion ticket has been created covering this request:

Thank you.

best,
Gabriel Ribeiro

PhilipJ December 2, 2019

Thanks Gabriel.

I've voted for the issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events