Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does bamboo agent support simultaneous/parallel builds?

deepthi bhat January 2, 2018

My objective is to build multiple plans using a single remote agent at the same time. At present, build gets queued until the previous build using is completed, to run the next build. Does bamboo support this kind of parallel builds as is available in jenkins slave?

2 answers

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2018

Hello @deepthi bhat,

Remote agents do not run multiple jobs at the same time, even if you enable concurrent builds. The feature my colleague mentioned (Configuring concurrent builds) enables you to run the same Job in multiple agents, instead.

Kind regards,

Rafael

DiMarco February 6, 2018

Is this purely to ensure users have to pay more for additional remote agents or is there a technical reason concurrent builds are not supported?

Like # people like this
Kari Harju February 5, 2019

Need an answer to this as well.

Setting up and maintaining agents that only build one plan at a time makes no sense. 
I have a 5 agent system setup with some serious power on each to get quick feedback build running as fast as possible and for this at least 4 plans / agent is simply a must-have feature.

Like # people like this
0 votes
robhit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2018

Hi Deepthi,

How about using Bamboo Concurrent Build Feature?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/configuring-concurrent-builds-289277193.html

Thanks!

DiMarco February 6, 2018

I find this answer troubling. The user is clearly implying multiple plans concurrently building on the same agent. Your link has nothing to do with his question aside from the work concurrent. It only works for the same plan on different remote agents, as Rafael stated below.

Please take the time to read the question before posting a reply on behalf of Atlassian.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events