Does auto merging in Bamboo only work with master or can you have it work on another branch?

Chris Riley August 19, 2016

Would like to get an understanding if the auto merge feature only is meant to work with master. Need to have this function on a different branch called integration.

2 answers

1 vote
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2016

You can configure which branch is target for merging. Please check "Automatic branch merging" on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Using+plan+branches

0 votes
Rich Duncan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2016

I don't use this feature, but I'm pretty sure it will auto merge back to the branch you select when you define the repository.  So if the branch was develop I believe it merges back to there.

Easy to test...

Chris Riley August 19, 2016

We tried this yesterday where we created the branch from an integration branch but bamboo tried to commit it back to master and had a merge conflict. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events