Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Docker Runner in new Bamboo - supported platforms

Petr Vaníček February 28, 2018

Hello,

I have question regarding newly added Docker Runner feature for Bamboo.

In the documantion there is part of text which we need clarify.

""
Bamboo provides support for Docker for Mac, and Docker for Ubuntu in version 17 and later. 
""

All of our servers are running on CentOS so for us it's impossible running only one/few agent(s) server(s) just for Bamboo Agents. When I tried enable Docker Container in Plan configuration then there is "No agents meet this job's requirements." but in another project we are using Docker command without any problems with remote agent with Docker (17.11).

So is this feature really available just for Ubuntu? If yes then why I can choose and set this option in Plan configuration.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards
Petr

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jeremy Owen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2018

Hey Petr,

We definitely support Docker on other distros other than Ubuntu. The documentation has been amended to reflect that. Thank you for the heads-up. 

When I tried enable Docker Container in Plan configuration then there is "No agents meet this job's requirements."

There's a few things we should check here that could be causing it:

• Is there a remote agent with the Docker capability online?
  • Can you check your Bamboo Administration >> Overview >> Agents >> one of your agents >> Capabilities to see if the Docker capability is present?
  • Do you run your docker commands via a Script task or using Docker tasks? Script task won't require the capability to be defined to send a build to the agent.
  • Is the plan potentially dedicated to another agent that doesn't have the Docker capability?

If this all seems to check out, are you able to share a screenshot of the Job Configuration >> Requirements UI? 

It's worth noting that any custom requirements defined on this Job are still used for agent matching too.

0 votes
Petr Vaníček March 1, 2018

Hi,
sorry, but there has been misconfiguration on one of our local agents which has been dedicated for whole project where has been my new test plan. So it hasn't been visible easily and directly.

Thanks

Petr

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events