Do you like bamboo?

abby orourke January 13, 2012

Do you like bamboo?

6 answers

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2012

Yes.

Two additional pieces of information which may help you understand my thinking

1. I am not a Panda bear
  2. I actually prefer Jenkins (Hudson) - it has a cleaner interface for the end-user, feels faster, and more easy to set up (as both an admin and a developer setting up CI). However, that's a close thing. Jenkins and Bamboo are way ahead of their competition, but quite close to each other in my opinion. If I have to choose between them, then I have to think about complexity for the end user (Jenkins wins if your projects are small and structurally simple), and integration (if you're using Jira for development issue tracking, then Bamboo is probably a winner)

Edit - Oh, and test plans - Bamboo is good for them. Both Jenkins and Bamboo are great at automated testing, but Bamboo gives your test planners a lot more.

1 vote
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2012

Yes. Initially selected some years ago because of vendor and integration with Atlassian and other software. Only briefly surveyed and tried Hudson and AntHill. Early on it was somewhat limited, had significant design flaws, and had some awkward UI areas. Most of those have been addressed in the last year and specially with 3.3/3.4. It is easy to install and upgrade, very reliable, good support, and developers are responsive to issues.

1 vote
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2012

Yes, I think has improved so much in the past year or so.

I agree with Nic. Hudson is quicker and easier to manage for small projects I think. And small numbers of them.

When you have a lot of projects or you start doing a LOT in one build, then Bamboo really starts to shine. The integration with the Atlassian stack is also hands down obviously.

Is it worth the $$ compared to something like Hudson? I guess pretty subjective. I think it's getting close to saying YES for that

0 votes
Alexey Ivanov May 5, 2013

No. No, because it does not have enough build script support, this is more than just a BAT \ SH

0 votes
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2013
0 votes
Paul B March 18, 2013

bamboo is ok, but when I used Pulse from zutubi, I liked that better.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events