Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Non-Bamboo Running EC2 Instances Count Toward my Remote Agent Limit?

Joe McCall October 18, 2013

We are currently running EC2 instances to host our solution. When we try to build using Elastic Bamboo it complains that there are too many unknown instances on my account. Is the expected use pattern to use a separate account entirely for our builds?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2013

You can share that account, you only need to bump the amount of unknown instances in Bamboo's configuration.

If your build agent instances don't need access to your account, it's a good idea to create a separate account for them. You can have them billed together by Amazon through combined billing.

Alan Cabrera January 19, 2014

Interesting. What is the purpose of this limit? Why does Bamboo even care about non-Bamboo instances?

cazcazn February 4, 2014

I have run into the same problem. Our deployment stack is on Amazon services, and the account needs access to everything in order to work, however Bamboo won't build anything because it sees 100+ other instances which have nothing to do with it, and I don't see why Bamboo is concerned.

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2014

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events