Displaying a summary of unit test results

Milan Negovan May 9, 2013

Maybe it's my limited knowledge of Bamboo as we're still evaluating it, but I can't figure out how/if I can get it to display a list of nUnit test results.

Jenkins shows a breakdown of test stats, including their names, duration, etc, but Bamboo simply gives me "24 tests in total, < 1 second taken in total". I have both NUnit Runner and NUnit Parser tasks hooked up to this particular job.

Having test names would be great for visibility across departments.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2013

Hello Milan,

Please try to drill down to a particular *JOB* result page. I reckon successful tests are shown only on JOB level, not on the Plan level. So for example if you have a Plan consisting of a one stage, one job and some tasks, try to expand job navigator (left side panel) and navigate to the JOB result page. There you should go to 'test' tab to see successful tests.

I reckon that is not the most intuitive place to display that data, as I reckon there were similar questions raised here or on the jira.atlassian.com...

Am I helpful?

regards

Milan Negovan May 9, 2013

Piotr,

You're 100% correct. I usually have the left-side panel collapsed and didn't realize the summary was there.

While we're on this subject, going to the Job Summary only lists results as well. If this hasn't been brough up before, I'll submit an enhancement request to have a link to the test result page. Otherwise it's a bit difficult to find. The reason behind this is that I'd like to have people in QA/PM/Product to have good visibility into what's being tested.

Many thanks!

Milan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events