Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developer not getting notifications

Kurt Frank November 15, 2011

I have one developer (eas) that is not getting notified when they break a build since changing from JIRA handling the users to Crowd.

I have the bamboo plan set to trigger a build when a developer checks in new code. The Bamboo plan is set to send notifications if a build fails.

One clue to this may be that if I go to any build that the developer has triggered by checking in code and clicking on his name I get this error message.

Unable to find the user. The username ed may be incorrect.

I am thinking bamboo is using the same routines to look up the user to send notifications.

Along those lines I peeked into the database (MS SQL 2005) that bamboo uses and found these two records in the AUTHOR table.

AUTHOR_IDLINKED_USER_NAMEAUTHOR_NAME

4456450 ed eas

6356997 eas eas@ed-0001.onedomain.com

And when I do this select

SELECT *

FROM bamboo . dbo . USER_COMMIT

WHERE AUTHOR_ID = 4456450

I get a couple hundred records of his commits

And when I do this select

SELECT *

FROM bamboo . dbo . USER_COMMIT

WHERE AUTHOR_ID = 6356997

I don't get a single record.

So it looks to me that all his commits are being logged as ed and not eas so he is not getting any notifications.

What do I need to do in order for eas to start getting his notifications?

1 answer

0 votes
James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2011

Hi Kurt,

This problem sounds a little complicated to answer on Atlassian Answers. If you open a support request we could have one of our support engineers look at this for you ASAP.

Thanks

James

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events