Deployment projects to keep in Bamboo problem

Alexandros Ananikidis December 10, 2018

I would like to know if possible:

A) Where i can determine the number of deployment projects to keep in Bamboo except from the global expiry settings section.

B) In addition, even if in the global expiry settings i configured to keep only the ((last)) 10 successful deployment projects, it shows me 25 instead of 10.

image1.png

C) At last, and this is the most weird part, as the image shows above, Bamboo doesn't keep the last deployment projects that i am interested to keep, instead it keeps some old releases.

My global expiry settings are set like that:

image2.png

1 answer

0 votes
Rafael Pinto Sperafico
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2018

Hi @Alexandros Ananikidis,

A) Where i can determine the number of deployment projects to keep in Bamboo except from the global expiry settings section.

Unfortunately, there is no other place rather than the Global admin section where you set up Expiry at the global level in Bamboo. For this reason please find below some suggested requests raised to enhance the Expiry feature in Bamboo:

• BAM-19883 - separate expiry for deployment plans
  • BAM-17879 - Bamboo Global Expiry Granular Configuration
  • BAM-15411 - Global expiry configuration for particular deployment projects

B) In addition, even if in the global expiry settings i configured to keep only the ((last)) 10 successful deployment projects, it shows me 25 instead of 10.

Based on the Expiry configuration provided (screenshot), you are telling Bamboo to expiry only "Build and release artifacts", meaning that you are leaving behind deployment logs, for instance. Therefore, you are seeing more entries than the ones you are expecting.

C) At last, and this is the most weird part, as the image shows above, Bamboo doesn't keep the last deployment projects that i am interested to keep, instead it keeps some old releases.

Please, review the Expiry configuration based on the comment provided on this thread. In case you continue on experiencing issues, I would suggest you on raising a Support Case with Atlassian, so you can provide them with more details about your Deployment, Environment and your Expiry settings can be reviewed.

Kind regards,

Rafael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events