cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment project from multiple plans

Radek Antoniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2014

I am using Bamboo for a long time before the Deployment Projects were there.

Currently, I have a setup where I have multiple "deploy" bamboo plans, where they fetch appropriate artifacts via bash script and then deploy them to a specific server.

Additionally, I have multiple build plans for different projects branches (as the configuration of tasks for them may be different).

Now, when the Deployment projects came up I thought - great! I will be able to remove all the separate deploy plans and create environments.

However, I have one problem. I need the deployment plan to fetch artifacts from multiple build plans (because I want to sometimes deploy a version from one branch and once from another).

Is that possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Radek Antoniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2014

I can confirm this actually works with Bamboo 5.5.1.

I have configured branches for the project and nevertheless that in the deployment project configuration, the trunk branch is selected, while deploying i am able to select a build from another branch! :-)

0 votes
Hussain Misbah April 22, 2014

I want to do the same thing and unfortuantly I don't find any good docummentation to use the new deployment plans..I hope someone will help over here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events