Deployment plan result show in plan status

MS July 15, 2019

Is it possible to change the status of the plan to unsuccessful if the deployment plan was unsuccessful? Although, the plan itself has been ok (stages and tasks)?

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2019

Hello @MS ,

Deployment projects were designed to be separated from build dashboard. Imagine situation when you have several builds to be executed against your commit. Then deployment is different point of view on your artifact with separate lifecycle.

If your configuration allows one-to-one mapping of build plan -> artifact -> deployment. Then maybe you can make deployment phase as Manual stage of your plan:

Plan

| - Build & test stage

|        |- run tests

|        \- build artifacts

| - manual stage

|        \- deploy artifacts

It will allow you to run deployment on demand and mark build result with outcome of deployment

MS July 17, 2019

Hello Alexey,

thank you for the quick response. There are two build stages and two artifacts in my project. Both artifacts properties has been marked as "Shared" and "Required". I used "Triggers" functionality which allow deployment process starts right after the correct build.
In the "Other environment settings" section it is possible to set notifications for a specific person in case of deployment problem but you have to notice the email.

I do not fully understand your advice. I can add deployment as part of the project (next stage) and then I will have information about deployment on the dashboard but I would prefer to keep deployment as separate project.

Perfect solution will be checking build/ link deployment status without checking project properties but I am afraid that this is not possible at this moment. I simply wanted to know did I missed something.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events