Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment fails if artifact download includes images

Chris Carreck May 19, 2016

We have a simple build plan. It has a single job, that checks out all source code.

I then created a number of artifacts, for CSS, PHP, HTML, JS and JSON files. The copy pattern on these artifacts is: **/**.js or **/**.php

I then have a deployment project, that deploys all these artifacts, via an SCP task to an ubuntu machine.

This works just fine for the listed files. However, as soon as i create an artifact for .png or .jpg files using the same copy pattern (**/**.png), and add this artifact to the deployment, the artifact download task fails to download the .png artifact:

21-May-2016 13:34:03Unable to download artifact Shared artifact: [PNG Files], pattern: [**/**.png]

What would cause bamboo to specifically not be able to download an artifact containing .png files?\

1 answer

0 votes
Rich Duncan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2016

Huh - weird - what does the error message say?

It sounds like your release is a web-app - what we've done in situations like this is have the release job zip up the stuff that constitutes the release and have the deployment project scp the zip to the target server and ssh it into place. 

Chris Carreck May 20, 2016

Hi Rich thanks for your suggestion. Actually I had the wrong information, i've just updated the original question accordingly. Its actually the artifact download that fails, as soon as I include the .png artifact. It doesnt even make it as far as the SCP task. Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events