Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying a branch using FTP

Miguel Rodriguez April 13, 2014

I setup JIRA, Stash, and Bamboo together (I am not sure if correctly) and want to grab a repository from Stash to Bamboo, then deploy it to a FTP server.

I got as far as the Plan setup, now how do I deploy the files to the FTP server? Is there something I am missing?

3 answers

1 vote
Daniel Karso October 26, 2015

This feature really needs to exist because of limitations in some server hosting. Especially with PHP/Drupal/Wordpress development where (S)FTP deployment is standard workflow. 

The only proper GIT -> deploy FTP tool currently available is Beanstalk. They auto deploy via (S)FTP only the changed files automatically. 

0 votes
Sergey Podobry _Stellarity Software_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2016

Hi everyone,

In case someone needs to deal with FTP here is the plugin: FTP Task.

0 votes
Mirko Skramusky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2014

Hi Miguel,

You can do a lot of different tasks after building a project using bamboo. Unforunately uploading to a FTP server isn't a standard task. You could use a plugin, e.g. this one (I have not tested it) or you upload it via the command line as a bamboo task (using "Script" task). Alternatively can you upload the build result via SSH or SCP? There are standard tasks available.

Regards, Mirko

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events