Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying Bamboo artifacts to a SAN

David Paquin October 23, 2014

We have a SAN where I'd like to publish build artifacts for each release version. I've set up a deployment project but the only suitable artifact deployment task I can find is SCP. After talking to our IT department I have learned that the SAN does not support SSH - I could use many other file transfer methods (FTP, mounting the drive on the build server and copying files, etc) but not SCP.

Is there any plug-in or other way to do this? A workaround I'm considering is to mount the SAN in linux (on the build server) and then have an ant task copy the files...

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Radek Antoniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2014

In your deployment project, just create a "script" task where you can use ncftp or any other command line FTP utility to copy over the file to you SAN.

Otherwise, you can mount your SAN directory on the machine where your bamboo agent is running and use standard cp -a (or xcopy in case of windows).

David Paquin October 27, 2014

Okay, just wanted to double check that I wasn't missing something obvious. I'll do the script task and that should solve it.

1 vote
David Lee October 23, 2014

Not sure exactly what you have in mind, but how about short circuiting your Bamboo server <bamboo-home>/artifacts directory with a symbolic link to a SAN mount? 

David Paquin October 27, 2014

Another good idea!

0 votes
Sergey Podobry _Stellarity Software_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2016

Hi David,

I think you may be interested in a new FTP Task addon. It works in deployment plans, can upload and download files, supports SSL and reconnection.

I hope you'll find it useful.

---

Best regards,

Sergey

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events