Deploying Bamboo artifacts to a SAN

We have a SAN where I'd like to publish build artifacts for each release version. I've set up a deployment project but the only suitable artifact deployment task I can find is SCP. After talking to our IT department I have learned that the SAN does not support SSH - I could use many other file transfer methods (FTP, mounting the drive on the build server and copying files, etc) but not SCP.

Is there any plug-in or other way to do this? A workaround I'm considering is to mount the SAN in linux (on the build server) and then have an ant task copy the files...

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

In your deployment project, just create a "script" task where you can use ncftp or any other command line FTP utility to copy over the file to you SAN.

Otherwise, you can mount your SAN directory on the machine where your bamboo agent is running and use standard cp -a (or xcopy in case of windows).

Okay, just wanted to double check that I wasn't missing something obvious. I'll do the script task and that should solve it.

Not sure exactly what you have in mind, but how about short circuiting your Bamboo server <bamboo-home>/artifacts directory with a symbolic link to a SAN mount? 

Another good idea!

Hi David,

I think you may be interested in a new FTP Task addon. It works in deployment plans, can upload and download files, supports SSL and reconnection.

I hope you'll find it useful.

---

Best regards,

Sergey

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

71 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you