Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy trigger based on regex-created build branch?

jmooo June 3, 2015

I have my build plan setup to auto create branches that match a regex (such as 'release-xx' or 'hotfix-xx') however I don't see how I can automatically deploy those branches which Bamboo is adding via regex? The Deploy triggers on successful builds seems to require an exact branch name...

3 answers

2 votes
Simon Lang December 8, 2015

I have the same problem/question. I would like to add a trigger for an automatically created plan branch.

Our team is working as described in the GIT workflow: https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/comparing-workflows/gitflow-workflow

We need it for the release branches. There is only one active release branch at a time. The plan branch is created automatically, and any pushes to it should trigger a deployment. For now, we are adding a trigger for each release manually. But it would be handy to have this automated.

It would be nice to be able to use a wildcard/regex in the trigger configuration, as it is possible for the creation of plan branches. Something like "release/\d+.\d+" or "release/*"

Kind Regards

1 vote
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2015

Well, Bamboo doesn't allow automated creation/deploying of Deployments for new branches. I'm not really sure how your workflow works - can you provide more details on that?

I think that creating/deploying automatically would be a mess: these deployments would overwrite deployments from other branches in an uncontrollable way.

Swift Capital August 11, 2016

We have this need for NuGet packages.

We want to be able to trigger deployments for alpha (development), beta (release/*), and production (master) channels.

We're stuck on the beta releases for this very issue.

0 votes
Swift Capital August 11, 2016

This is an opened feature request here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-15155

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events