Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy to IIS

Christopher Lawrence Zabala June 13, 2013

Hi,

So I'm trying to create a simple build plan that would basically get my files from BitBucket, then deploy them to an IIS Server. Basically, the files on my BitBucket repository constitutes to an actual web site. I've already created the checkout task and all that's left to do is to actually deploy these files into a locally-available server.. I'm trying to use SCP Task to do this but I don't know what to put on the local path field. Am I doing it wrong? How do I deploy these files..?

Thanks,

Lawrence

2 answers

0 votes
Darren Clark Clark June 25, 2013

Hi, i have a similar issue.

I want to copy EVERYHING from the build to a seperate local path.

For instance, the builds from bamboo goes to d:\bamboo\builds\ etc...

And i need to copy all files to d:\webfiles\projectname\

OR better yet \\staging-server\webfiles\project name

Which is better the script or SCP?

ArmenA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2013

Hi Darren,

It's up to your environment. Whichever works better for your remote agent if you are using any remote agents to run this particular plan. I would recommend to use the SCP task as it's easier compared to writing a script.

Armen

0 votes
ArmenA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2013

Hi Lawrence,

As it's mentione don this page, the Local Path indicates a list of the files and directories that you need to deploy(transfer). Basically you provide the relative paths (relative to the workspace of each plan) of the files separated by commas. Makes sense?

Alternatively you can use any non-interactive commands from a Script task to copy the files you need.

Armen

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events