Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy Tomcat Task not working properly when adding as a Deployment Project.

Shashank Singh November 10, 2017

When I add a Deploy Tomcat Application task within a job in Build Project, It is working fine. But when I am adding the same task in Deployment Project,it fails.

What I observed that when 'Deploy Tomcat Application' task is added as Deployment project, it creates an empty folder with random numeric name,where it is unable to find desirable war and fails to deploy at tomcat. Please suggest a way.

For better understanding snnipet from log is given below:

10-Nov-2017 17:30:47Build Deployment of 'ATG_1.1' on 'QA Environment' started building on agent Default Agent
10-Nov-2017 17:30:47 
10-Nov-2017 17:30:47Build working directory is C:\Users\shashankshekhar_s\bamboo-home\xml-data\build-dir\7897089-8060929
10-Nov-2017 17:30:48Executing build Deployment of 'ATG_1.1' on 'QA Environment'
10-Nov-2017 17:30:48Skipping execution of task 'com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.bamboo-artifact-downloader-plugin:cleanWorkingDirectoryTask' as it is disabled
10-Nov-2017 17:30:48Skipping execution of task 'com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.bamboo-artifact-downloader-plugin:cleanWorkingDirectoryTask' as it is disabled
10-Nov-2017 17:30:48Skipping execution of task 'Download release contents' as it is disabled
10-Nov-2017 17:30:48Starting task 'Deploy at tomcat' of type 'com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.tomcat.bamboo-tomcat-plugin:deployAppTask'
10-Nov-2017 17:30:48Could not find war file at C:\Users\shashankshekhar_s\bamboo-home\xml-data\build-dir\7897089-8060929\webapp\target\webapp.war. The application could not be deployed.
10-Nov-2017 17:30:48Finished task 'Deploy at tomcat' with result: Error
10-Nov-2017 17:30:48Finalising the build...

1 answer

0 votes
robhit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2017

Hi Shashank,

As you can see the message in the log:

"Skipping execution of task 'Download release contents' as it is disabled"

This means that your deployment task has not downloaded any of your artifact generated from your build plan tasks. Since it doesn't have any artifacts to download it can't deploy "null" to your tomcat.

The flow is:

1. From your build plan, an artifact (war file artifact in this case) will be created and shared (create artifact definition in your build plan and share the artifact)

2. Link your Deployment plan to relevant build plan.

3. Add an artifact download task in your deployment task to download the artifact shared by your build plan. Which in this case is "Download release contents" but this task is disabled. You have to enable it or probably have to check if it is downloading the correct(required) artifact.

4. Deploy at tomcat

Hope that clarifies, let me know if you have any further doubts.

Shashank Singh November 17, 2017

Hi Rohit, Thanks for reply. I just want to check it in my instance before accepting.But I dont know why Bamboo server at my machine is not able to be logged in through the actual credentials.

Looking forward to resolve this issue first. After this only,I will inform you if my issue gets resolved.

robhit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2017

Hi Shashank,

Let me know if any help required.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events