Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete a plan that hasn't been activated. Bug?

John Bowker June 28, 2012

I started a new plan on our Bamboo server. I entered all the information for the first step and then proceeded to Configure Tasks however I didn't complete this step as I went to check something in the Admin area.

When I started over I get the error "This project name already exists.".

How do I delete this plan as it doesn't show up in the "Remove Plans" section? Is there anyway to delete this from the database or to restore Bamboo to a state before I started the plan?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2012

Deletion of all entities (project/plans/stages/jobs/results) in Bamboo is done in background and may take some time to complete. While it's taking place, all the key and name validation behaves as if the entities weren't deleted yet - because in fact they are still in the database.

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2012

I don't think it is the plan that is causing the issue. Seems the project was already created in the back end. Can you try creating the plan again but see if the project is already in the dropdown? Or create a new project with a different name?

John Bowker July 2, 2012

When I came back to the server about an hour later I was able to create the project with the exact name again and didn't encounter a problem. Maybe the project name is stored for a while and then released if no plan is associated with it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events