Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dedicate Bamboo Remote agent via properties

T January 3, 2016

Bamboo allows the ability to dedicate an agent to a specific project via the administration interface.

Is it possible to also dedicate a remote agent using configuration on the remote agent itself? Ideally I'd like to use something similar to how bamboo-capabilities.properties are used to define custom capabilities. 

This will allow a new remote agent to be automatically dedicated to a particular project on instantiation.

2 answers

0 votes
HN February 3, 2016

I'm also looking for this feature. According to this https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-3491 (Bamboo 5.6) you can assign a plan to an agent. However I'm not sure if the 'requirement' can override the agent based on specifying a different capability. I'd personally like to see the agent assigned plan to override anything specified in the requirements. Not sure if this is possible.

0 votes
Mike Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2016

You can do this with the capabilities only. E.g. you could create a capability holding the project name and set a requirement on the project accordingly. 

Mike Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2016

Of course you need to make sure you have no projects without requirements.

T January 4, 2016

We were considering this as a fall back option. However I don't believe capabilities/requirements can be set at a project level. Requirements can only be set at a job level. Which means we'd need to manually set a requirement for every job within every plan of every project.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events